Superfood dissolvable tablets add fifteen plant-based superfoods into your drink. The brand advertises that these Superfood Tabs help you to:
- Curb cravings
- Fight bloating
- Flush toxins
- Clear skin (thanks to the toxin flush)
- Lose weight
- Boost metabolism
- Have more energy
They are also sugar-free, dairy-free, soy-free, keto-friendly, and vegan-approved for intermittent fasting. Here are some of the company’s specific claims directly from their website:
So, did the product live up to its reputation? I’ve been using Superfood Tabs for about a year and a half now, so although I wouldn’t give it a 5/5 absolutely must-have rating, I personally found enough value in the product to continue with the monthly subscription. Here’s my review of Superfood Tabs.
Before we dive too deep, the company provides this safety disclaimer:
Do not exceed the recommended daily dose. Pregnant or nursing mothers, children under 18, and individuals with a known medical condition should consult a physician before using this or any dietary supplement. This product contains plant-based caffeine. Caffeine can cause insomnia, nervousness and restlessness, stomach irritation, nausea and vomiting, increased heart rate and respiration, and other side effects.
And of course, there’s a legal disclaimer as well:
Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
As a personal disclaimer, please note that I am not a health professional. These are my own personal experiences from using the product. Any specific questions, concerns, or issues should be directed to a doctor or other qualified health professional.
I am an Amazon affiliate but have no direct relation to Superfoods Company. This post was written honestly and independently as a personal product review after using superfood tabs for over a year.
Superfood Tabs Ingredients
Elderberry extract, Beet root, Green tea leaf extract (40 mg caffeine), Matcha tea leaf (Camilia sinensis), Burdock root 4:1 extract, Ginger root 5:1 extract, Dandelion 5:1 extract (whole plant), Lemon balm 4:1 extract (aerial parts), Milk thistle seed extract, Asian ginseng root, Lycium (goji) berry fruit 5:1 extract, Pomegranate fruit, Aloe vera inner leaf juice powder, Wheat grass, Chlorella algae, Citric acid, natural flavors, L-leucine, rebaudioside A, hydroxypropul cellulose, silica and magnesium stearate Ingredients
Here is what the company says about the ingredients:
It’s important to note that these tablets are made with extracts of the plants, meaning you’re getting a very small dose. How much impact that extract has is questionable, so that’s something to keep in mind when weighing the benefits of this product.
Taste of Superfoods Tabs
I’ll be honest here… it’s not bad, but not it’s not great, either. I’m a bit picky when it comes to dissolvable drink flavors. No, it didn’t taste like grass, which you might think after looking at the ingredients, but I had a hard time drinking it straight.
The company’s recommendation is to add some freshly squeezed lemon or lime to it if you aren’t wild about the taste. I drink mine with a lime wedge and a squirt of Mio (or an off-brand liquid water enhancer, depending on what I grab at the store).
It’s probably a little contradictory to be adding more flavoring to what’s supposed to be a healthy drink supplement, but I needed the extra boost. With that combo, though, I have no problem drinking it and even look forward to it. My daily water intake has significantly improved since I added Superfood Tabs to my daily routine.
Superfood Tablets Review: Assessing the Advertisement Claims
Let’s break it down by claim. I drink one large bottle of water with one tablet per day. Here’s what I noticed during my time using Superfood Tabs:
- Did Superfood Tabs curb cravings? That’s hard to answer because cravings aren’t something I usually have too much trouble controlling on my own. I have noticed that my sweet tooth cravings after meals is completely gone, but I can’t say for sure that Superfood Tabs had anything to do with it.
- Did Superfood Tabs fight bloating? Yes! I did notice less bloating, especially when buttoning my jeans.
- Did Superfood Tabs flush toxins? Again, hard to say, especially since the company doesn’t specify exactly what kind of “toxins” are supposedly being flushed. My bowel movements did become more regular, and I also had to urinate more often, but I attribute that to an increased water intake since I was drinking more throughout the day than I used to. Some customer reviews complained of diarrhea, but I never had any issues.
- Did Superfood Tabs clear my skin? There’s a lot of gray area here. Did it completely clear my skin? No. Did it help a little? Maybe. But I can’t be a fair judge because troublesome skin has plagued me for most of my adult life, so I’m not able to compare Superfood Tabs on its own because I’m also on a cocktail of treatments from a dermatologist. My skin is overall healthier than it used to be, so it’s possible that Superfood Tabs helped in addition to the other treatments.
- Did Superfood Tabs help me lose weight? A little, not a lot. But then again, I’ve been around the block enough times to know better than to put much stock in “miracle weight loss” supplements and drugs. I’d say I lost about five to seven pounds after a couple of months taking Superfood Tabs without otherwise changing my routine, but then I plateaued and didn’t drop any more despite consistent usage. So technically yes, but the weight certainly didn’t “shed right off me” as some customers have claimed. I should also note that I am not obese, so my overall weight loss goal was only about twenty pounds. I might have seen a more drastic result if I had a lot more pounds to lose.
- Did Superfood Tabs boost my metabolism? Maybe a little.
- Did Superfood Tabs give me more energy? The tablets do contain a bit of caffeine, so I suppose I got a slight energy boost, especially when I combined it with Mio Energy. I did not feel jittery or hyperactive, and I didn’t have trouble falling asleep, although I also made sure not to drink at night. It’s likely that using multiple tablets a day would increase energy and possibly start to cause negative side effects, especially in people who are sensitive to caffeine.
Superfood Tablets Pros & Cons
On the pros side, the product is made in the U.S. with non-GMO ingredients. It’s keto-friendly, dairy-free, soy-free, vegan-approved, and sugar-free with natural ingredients.
I noticed decreased bloating, a little weight loss, slightly clearer skin (in combination with other oral and topical treatments prescribed by a dermatologist), and a bit more energy.
I think the biggest perk for me is the increased water intake. I have such a hard time drinking enough water every day even though I know I need to, and Superfood dissolvable tabs help me make sure that I drink at least one large bottle, which is a good start to help me keep improving. I feel like the tablets are a healthy addition to my diet and aid my overall digestion.
That being said, there are always health risks with any kind of supplement, so I would recommend exercising caution, especially if consuming multiple tablets a day. And of course, if you notice any side effects, stop taking it and consult a doctor.
For the cons, I didn’t see the drastic results with my skin and weight that I was hoping for, but like I said, I know better than to expect a miracle product. If you’re thinking about taking Superfood Tabs for the sole purpose of dropping a lot of pounds quickly, you’re better off trying something else.
Superfood tablets are a bit on the pricey side, but I think the biggest con is the slow shipping. Considering this is supposed to be a monthly subscription, I usually have to go a few days between finishing the last tablet and waiting for the new shipment to arrive.
Is this an amazing, can’t-live-without it kind of product? I’d have to say no, and if you’re on a tight budget, this probably isn’t the right investment for you. But, as I mentioned, I’ve been satisfied enough with the benefits to continue taking it on a daily basis as part of my regular routine for quite a while now.
*The content creator is an Amazon affiliate but has no direct relation to Superfoods Company. This post was written honestly and independently as a personal product review.